Saturday, April 11, 2009

At peace with my peace

Its evening, the day is almost done. It seems that many things are left undone too. Hard to say exactly just what that is, but a feeling that I am carrying around now. No great act of volunteering today, just simply slow, but with intent, today has made a difference somewhere. I’m at peace with my peace I once told my son. Though I sometimes get antsy about things, things that I can or cannot say or do, or control. But this does not last long I am happy to say. Nothing has made me believe that tomorrow won’t be better or that today was a waste of time. Still, I long for further meaning today, more content, just a little more depth in the moment. Time to write a song or sing a song, or time to stop and think and know that right now, this very moment, there is great peace that is enveloping the whole earth. Peace and contentment with a power behind and in front of it that heals the broken heart, the lonely, and the down trodden. Rescues us from being foolish and selfish. Helps us be more of ourselves. Let us rise like the risen Christ.

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that I know Him and have His peace. Lovely thoughts. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree with what you wrote, sometimes we need to be just with ourselves....contemplating to anything.This a great realization.....HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete